COMMUNICATION IN HAZARDOUS AREAS
Commend's new EX 7000 Series Stations
Imagine yourself working in the loading bay of a food processing facility. Truckloads of raw products like sugar, flour and cocoa are being unloaded every day amid swirling clouds of dust. Or imagine yourself as the shift manager of a petrochemical plant, the air full of volatile, combustible fuel gases and vapours. Safety requirements in such environments are – understandably – rigorous and stringent. Besides the obvious prohibitions against smoking or any naked flame – even static electricity or a tiny spark from an electrical device can cause an explosion. The consequences can be disastrous to employees and company property. But what about electrical devices that are absolutely crucial to carry on business under these conditions? What about your essential shop floor intercom that keeps you in touch with your colleagues or supervisor and lets you summon immediate help in case of an emergency?
This is where the Commend EX 7000 Series comes in. It has been developed with painstaking attention to the specific and demanding requirements for hazardous and explosive environments. This means, for example, that it:
- Is fully ATEX and IECEx certified for explosive atmospheres in Zones 1 and 2 (gases, vapours), and Zones 21 and 22 (dust) with highest explosion protection rating (IIC/IIIC) and highest temperature class (T6/T80°C)
- Comes encased in a heavy-duty IP66 rated light-weight enclosure that is perfectly sealed to prevent any ingress of dust, dirt and even water jets
- Is fully shockproof, thanks to its Protection Class IK 10 rated, durable double-walled construction made from high-performance polycarbonate.
Besides this high level of explosion protection, Series EX 7000 Intercom Stations come packed with all the features and advantages that users have come to expect only from Commend – and more:
- Commend inside: providing the full range of proven Commend Intercom functions for call and control management, plus exceptional audio quality, boosted by 20-Watt Class-D amplifiers and IVC (Intelligent Volume Control) to ensure ultimate voice intelligibility even with extreme background noise levels.
- Features include fully handsfree or press-to-talk speech, Intelligent Volume Control (IVC) to automatically adjust the volume to the changing ambient noise level, loudspeaker/microphone monitoring, page/party operation and much more…
- Cost benefits over the entire product lifecycle: EX 7000 stations are faster to install and put into operation than all next-best products; the elimination of expensive Ex d cable glands makes cyclic inspections and maintenance a thing of the past
- Simplified, cost-saving cabling: Series EX 7000 Stations use just 2-wire connections, which makes them easy on the budget and ensures a highly competitive Total Cost of Ownership, especially with the ability to re-use existing 2-wire infrastructures. The EX 7000 work as a hub, with connection options for an external loudspeaker and a beacon (power supplied and controlled by EX 7000), not to forget the I/O capabilities for monitoring and controlling other equipment. With our smart IP converters, the EX 7000 also leverages your IT network and integrates seamlessly into our IP-Intercom infrastructure
- Openly versatile: a wide choice of models and add-on options brings reliable communication to almost any hazardous environment: three different keypad layouts (full keypad, direct dialling buttons or paging), with or without handset, with or without integrated loudspeaker and with two power supply options (100–240 V AC or 22–60 V DC)
- Tailored to conditions of hazardous environments: keypads can be operated while wearing safety gloves; the enclosure is highly visible, thanks to the eye-catching orange colour
Our solutions are developed specifically to ensure ENHANCED INDUSTRIAL SAFETY, improve TEAM COMMUNICATION and INCREASE EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTIVITY.