Versatile PIR and DUAL TEC® Line Delivers Superior Performance, Saves Time and Money with Installer-Friendly Features
Honeywell today introduced the IS312 and IS312B, the latest sensors included in the IS3000 and DT8000 Series of hardwired sensors. The portfolio now includes nine high-performance indoor motion detectors that satisfy the demands of virtually any installation, from the most basic residential to the most complex commercial application. Offering superior performance combined with Honeywell’s exclusive Snap & Set installation technology, the IS3000 and DT8000 Series provide outstanding premises protection while saving installers time and money through faster, easier installs.
“These are the best performing indoor hardwired sensors we’ve ever built, with significant advancements that represent a real evolution in motion detection technology,” said Farshid Ossareh, product line leader, Honeywell Security. “We’ve incorporated world-class mirror optics in select models that provide more accurate detection, enhanced anti-masking capabilities, more robust pet immunity, better high temperature performance and more. They provide the security professional with outstanding options for protecting any home or business.”
• Advanced Mirror Optics: Provides superior accuracy at lower energy thresholds for better detection and fewer false alarms
• High Temperature Detection: Delivers 25% better detection range than leading competitors in high-temperature environments—delivering excellent performance in warehouses and factories heated to 35° C when field-tested
• Robust Pet Immunity: Can reliably distinguish between human intruders and dogs weighing up to 45kg—reducing false alarms without compromising catch detection
• True, Sustained Compliant Anti-Masking: Provides superior protection against intruders attempting to block the field of view with sprays or liquids, making it excellent for high-risk commercial settings like banks and jewelry stores
• Superior White Light Immunity: A patented black bug guard and advanced optics provide 6,500 lux of white light immunity, reducing false alarms caused by lights, flashlights or reflective objects
“We know that time is money, and our Snap & Set installation technology can save installers both,” said Farshid Ossareh. “From a warm-up period of less than a minute to features that reduce time on the ladder and make wiring and mounting a snap, everything has been designed to make installations faster and easier.”
• Snap-Open Case: Two-piece ergonomic enclosure requires no special tools to open
• Snap-in Place Screw Retention: Patented, low-profile inserts nested in the rear cover secure screws in place, letting installers keep hands free to level and mount the device
• Snap-in Wiring Terminal: Enables a seamless connection and speeds up wiring time
• Snap Walk Test: Triggers walk test mode with the flick of a flashlight, reducing the number of trips to the sensor and the ladder during installation
• Snap and Select End-of-Line (EOL) Resistors:Auto-calibrates the required resistor value with the flip of a switch, eliminates splicing and crimping
Choice of nine Models
DUAL TEC sensors—which combine microwave and PIR to accurately distinguish between real intruders and false alarms—were pioneered by Honeywell over 30 years ago—setting the industry benchmark and helping give rise to what has become a standard security offering. With nine new models to choose from, there’s a PIR or DUAL TEC to suit the requirements of any indoor residential or commercial application. All of the sensors boast a sleek, modern look and are compatible with the industry’s leading security panels.
• IS312 and IS312B PIRs: These new sensors are designed as an entry level solution for residential environments
• IS3012 PIRs and DT8012 DUAL TEC: Well suited for residential environments
• IS3016 PIR and DT8016 DUAL TEC: Ideal for small commercial and larger, high-end luxury homes requiring a higher grade of security
• DT8016M DUAL TEC with Mirror Optics: Suitable for commercial settings such as storage facilities, warehouses and other harsh environments
• IS3016A PIR and DT8016A DUAL TEC with Anti-Masking and Mirror Optics:Excellent for high-security commercial environments where masking and false alarm immunity are a concern, such as museums, banks and jewelry stores
“We’ve built upon decades of innovation to design the IS3000 and DT8000 Series—resulting in a line that offers best-in-class performance and installation features that save time, money and deliver a great out-of-the-box experience,” explained Farshid Ossareh.
For more information please visit www.honeywell.com/security/uk