Security Institute of Ireland Announcement
The Security Institute of Ireland is pleased to announce, with immediate affect the establishment of the SII Board of Governors for Academic Standards.
The Board of Directors of the Security Institute of Ireland decided at their board meeting on the 7th of June 2016 that the SII Board of Governors for Academic Standards should be established. Its purpose is to devise, review, promote, control and uphold the highest Ethical Standards in Certification, Academic Standards, Programme Development, Assessment, Trainer Qualification and CPD (Continuous Professional Development) both in Ireland and Internationally.
To achieve this, the following four Governors under the Chairmanship of one Governor were appointed.
• Larry Quinn P.C. MSc. F.Sec.I.I. H.Dip.Sec.Man. Dip.Ed. C.P.P. Chairman of the Board of Governors for Academic Standards and Director of Academic Research
• John Byrne B.A.Hons. F.Sec.I.I. H.Dip.Sec.Man. Governor of the Board of Governors for Academic Standards and CEO
• Luke Maples P.C. F.Sec.I.I. H.Dip.Sec.Man. Dip.Ed. Governor of the Board of Governors for Academic Standards and Director of Compliance
• Declan Garrett MSc. M.Sec.I.I. H.Dip.Sec.Man. Governor of the Board of Governors for Academic Standards and Head of International Research
The Governors have set out what they believe are the key principles that form its remit. Other areas will be addressed at a later time.
1. Engage with Stakeholders
2. Conduct Research
3. Devise and Approve Occupational Standards
4. Determine Acquisition Options and Routes
5. Publish or Approve Training Manuals and Guidelines
6. Determine Criteria for Certificates and Credentials
7. Propose Criteria for Membership and Registers
8. Devise and Approve Technical Standards
9. Advise and Assist the SII Board